In this apparatus CSTR operation is studied. Conversion is comparatively low than Plug flow reactor.
Continuous stirrer tank reactor consists of the following components
ACCESSORIES OF PANEL
1. Controller (Electric heater)
2. On-off switch for pump 1
3. On-Off switch for pump 2
4. Indication light for pumps
5. Heater on / off switch
6. Heater indication lights
7. Power supply indication
8. Main switch (Earth leakage)
9. Stirrer on/off
10. Stirrer speed control
ACCESSORIES ON CONTINUOUS STIRRER TANK REACTORS
1. No. of reactors 01 No.
2. Variable speed agitator with motor 01 No.
3. Point for probe of conductivity meter 01 No.
4. Point for thermocouple 01 No.
5. Raw material inlet
6. Point for drain of reactor
7. Have the provision for level adjustment (Variable volume)
LAY OUT OF PANEL
DIMENSIONS OF PANEL L = 44 inch, W=33 inch , H=37 inch
With 4 inch wheel, Top sheet is of SS, 2 inch L-key sheet Front
DIMENSIONS OF ELECTRICAL PANEL
L = 20 (Front), W=16, H=16 (inch) (SS engraved plate at front 17x17 inch)
• Storage tank 02 No (10 liters each), D=8.5 inch, H=11 in
• Pump for raw material (Peristaltic) 02 No
• Water tank with electric heater 01 No (10 x 15 inches)
• Electric heater 2000 Watt
• Thermocouple length = 6 inch
• Conductivity meter Hanna Probe L=6 inch, Range = 0 to 10000 microsimens
Minimum range should be = 0 to 5000 microsimens
DIMENSIONS OF ONE CSTR REACTOR Reactor made of Glass Pyrex / Acrylic Sr. No Description Dimensions
1 Volume of reactor 3.25 liters
2 Working volume 2.0 – 2.5 liters
1. To study the operation of CSTR.
2. To study the effect of flow rate on CSTR.
3. To study the effect of volume of reactor on conversion in CSTR.
4. What is the effect of space time on CSTR performance