The unit consists of
1. Frame of tray drier (Powder coated)
2. Total length of tray dryer = 7 ft MS = 18 gauge (Powder coated)
3. Width = 11 inch, Depth = 11 inch
4. Electric heater = 02 No. (Heater 1 =1000 Watt, Heater 2= 2000 Watt)
5. Sample Trays = 3 No. (Stainless Steel)
6. Electric fan = 50 - 80 Watt, Variable speed, Dia = 10 inch
7. Anemometer = 01 No. (For measurement of air velocity) Smart Sensor AR826 Made in China No warranty after sale
8. Electric panel (Having ON /OFF button, Fan control, Electric heater control) All engraved on stainless steel plate.
9. Thermometers (Wet bulb = 02 No., Dry bulb = 2 No.)
10. Electric Weight balance = 01 No (Made in China) Scale 1 g, Digital
Electronic scale SF-400, 1 gram Max = 7.0 kg, Made in China OR
Famous Electronic scale 1 gram, Max = 30 kg
11. Window = Having a provision of lock and visualize glass to see interior of tray dryer)
Note: The cost of electric balance is maximum Rs. 5000 Scope of Studies:
• To study the effect of air flow rate on the rate of drying. Also draw a graph between
o Air flow rate and rate of drying.
o Moisture content and drying rate
• To study the effect of air temperature on the rate of drying. Draw a graph between moisture content and drawing rate.
• To study the effect of material of the drying time. Also draw a graph between time of drying and material used.
• Material and Engineering balance on tray dryer.